We are pleased to announce that CEED - Centre for Engineering, Education & Development - in partnership with RMD Limited will be holding a Business Systems Clinic for their members at our RMD facilities in Alloa this September.
With the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) coming into force in May 2018, we are delighted to invite CEED Members to our Business Systems Clinic where we shall be looking at the several aspects of physical security to support these new regulations.
Physical Security of Data Centre and IT Infrastructure – How to Implement and Enhance Your Security Strategy
Address: 1 The Harlands, Alloa, Clackmannanshire, FK10 1TB
Time: 09:30am – 12:30pm on Thursday 14th September 2017
There will be three following presentations with hands on demonstration sessions:
- 7 Steps to Choosing Power Protection for your IT Infrastructure with Steve Wood and John Peden, Business Development Managers at Riello UPS Ltd
- Why the selection or sourcing of the correct Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) can seem daunting due to the sheer number of options available and the technical nature of the industry
- This session will guide you through the seven steps of what to look for when buying and sourcing a UPS.
2. Why Cloud Computing is Requiring us to Rethink Resiliency at the Edge with Victor Avelar, Director & Senior Research Analyst at Schneider Electric
- We will be examining the need to leverage the massive amounts of data generated by the Internet of Things (IoT) into a more automated lifestyle for anyone “connected”
- Data processing and content needs to be delivered reliably to enable this new connected world.
- Edge computing that minimizes the physical gap between this data and end user and is a vital component of this new cloud architecture.
- However, edge data centers are not configured for the same level of availability as larger hyperscale data centers.
- This session will address availability levels needed to support new data demands such as smart-cities and remote business branch offices. Learn how business critical edge sites should be designed to achieve high availability as the current paradigm of data centre availability is inadequate; its metric is not comprehensive as it does not consider user-interruption based on business criticallity and the number of people per site affected.
- Physical Rack Monitoring & Security with Clive Partridge, IT Technical Support Manager at Rittal Ltd
- We will be discussing how monitoring the rack environment and security is relatively easy to do with modern day technology.
- Very user-friendly, yet sophisticated, devices that perform these functions are readily available off the shelf that previously would have required PLC technology with custom programming expertise.
- Today’s rack manufacturers can offer devices that interface directly with their present Ethernet systems and use well known IT/FM accepted protocols for remote monitoring and management of their assets.
- This session will address what is available to protect racks and the even more important equipment and data stored within them from many kinds of threats.
- During the event, there will be several opportunities to view the hardware equipment from all the mentioned manufacturers and discuss the topics with their representatives.
- This event will ensure that every participant gets hands-on experience and can ask any questions related to the physical security of data centres and any related hardware products.
This event is now open therefore, please click the following link to register your attendance: Click HERE to register for this event.